28 February 2020

Antipodes Blessing Anti-Pollution Serum Review

Antipodes Blessing Serum Review

If you have been reading my blog for some time you'll know that Antipodes is one of my favourite brands. Since purchasing my first moisturising face creams from Antipodes I was hooked and I couldn't believe it when the brand reached out to me to collaborate on a review post a few years ago. Since then, I've been super lucky to be able to test and review some new and cult products from the brand - this time I'm putting their anti-pollution serum Blessing to the test.


Antipodes Blessing Serum Review

Antipodes Blessing anti-pollution serum is a real blessing for anyone in the modern world - this is a very light face oil which offers protection from everyday pollution, especially those living in cities. Although I'm very lucky to live in the beautiful countryside which lands right on the border of Hampshire and Wiltshire (best of both worlds!) I travel to nearby cities to see clients and occasionally pop up to London to help teach students in social media, and do brand social media workshops. I always feel a little drained after a trip to the big city, and my skin is in need of a little extra TLC - poor air quality caused by busy environments stresses skin and can risk premature ageing with signs like dark spots and uneven skin tone. Yikes.

Blessing serum acts like a natural barrier against daily pollution and has skin brightening particles from marshmallow and liquorice root. The other ingredients include: antioxidant Vinanza Grape and Asian ginger which help neutralise free radical damage; kiwi seed oil which is high in Vitamin C; nutrient rich avocado oil which strengthens skin; and the delicious scent of white jasmine.

Antipodes Blessing Serum Review
Antipodes Blessing Serum Review

The Antipodes Blessing serum is also certified by the UK Vegetarian Society, comes in a recyclable glass bottle and the packaging is 100% biodegradable cardboard which comes from sustainable forests - Antipodes really tries to tick the ethical boxes when it comes to its products.

I started using the serum every morning as suggested - you take a couple of drops (little goes a looooong way with this product) and massage into clean skin with upwards motions, before applying moisturiser. I have also found that sometimes putting a drop or two into your moisturiser really helps the product seep into skin, and take the moisturiser with it - my skin felt super soft!

The first time I used the serum, my skin felt a little oily but I think that's because I used too many drops and didn't take the time to properly massage the serum in. I carried on using the product for a couple of weeks and in a few days my skin loved it - I noticed my skin was brighter and felt less tight throughout the day. I also noticed less breakouts after trips and busy days in London, and when it came to taking my makeup off in the evening my skin wasn't as patchy as it usually is. So a big thumbs up from me for the Antipodes Blessing Anti-Pollution Serum!

Antipodes Blessing Serum Review
Antipodes Blessing Serum Review

One of the reasons I'm such an advocate for Antipodes is because their products are natural, mostly organic, and they really work on my skin. This serum is designed to suit most skin types, especially oily skin (mine is combination and it worked great for me). The Antipodes Blessing serum also showed to inhibit oxidative stress in-vitro by up to 52% (Trinity Bioactives: In-vitro Investigation into the Antioxidant Effects (Production of Superoxide) of Test Products at 0.10% by Activated Macrophage Cells After One-Hour Exposure. March 2018)

The serum is priced at £34.99 on most retail websites and is worth every penny - as I mentioned you really do only need a couple of drops a day which means the serum will last you a long time - I have been using mine for a month and the bottle doesn't look like it's even gone down!

Find out more about Antipodes - visit their website: Antipodes
Buy Antipodes Blessing Anti-Pollution Serum: purchase here

*The item featured in this post have been gifted by Antipodes for review & collaboration purposes.
SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig