12 September 2012

MoneySupermarket.com Passion for Fashion Competition.

Passion for Fashion is the latest blogger competition held by moneysupermarket.com in which fashion bloggers are asked to compile outfits for 5 different occasions: office wearparty, casual, outdoor and first date. The rules is that each outfit must be under £200 and suitable for this autumn/winter season. (Find more details about the competition http://www.moneysupermarket.com/home-insurance/passion-for-fashion/) I have spent a good number of hours fantasizing about the following outfits, which would be my ideal autumn/winter 2012 staples.
If you see anything you like, click on the name of the brand under the image and it will take you straight to the item on their website :)

Office Wear


Dress £70 Topshop.com// Shoes £22 ASOS// Quilted Laptop Case £17.99 New Look// Nail Polish £2.95 Accessorize at Superdrug// Watch £35 ASOS
Total: £147.94

I am an office worker myself, I know how dull and boring it can be to dress smart and appropriate. But, it doesn't have to be. This dress from Topshop is the perfect new season office dress as it ticks all the "uniform" boxes: it's black and white, it's smart and it's un-revealing. But it's also equipped with a collar studs and chain which give it the needed edge to look fashionable whilst appropriate. Combine it with a quilted laptop bag (fashionable and practical), flats with studs or chains to feel comfortable and cute, and don't forget to put your watch on to never be late!
PS: Peachy, warm nail colour will keep you thinking about the fun summer you've just had and the summer coming which will be even better!

Party 


Clutch £30 Accessorize// Bangles £25 Topshop// Nail Polish £3.50 Models Own Pink Sorbet from ASOS// Dress £80 Topshop// Shoes £35 boohoo.com
Total: £173.50

I am obsessed with this dress. This would be perfect for all those Christmas and New Year parties that all of us have to attend, and the best thing is that it's just right to wear for family do's and nights out with friends. I love the suede shoes with the sequins on the dress, mixing fabrics is great especially when one is muted and the other is loud! Mix gold tones with the black for a truly wintery feel, and I added a bright nail colour to wear with the peep toe wedges!

Casual


Hat £3.99 H&M// Boots £69.99 New Look// Leather Look Skater Skirt £19.99 New Look// Sweater £36 Topshop// Necklace £20 RockNRose// Bag £29.75 Forever 21
Total: £179.72

I love this casual look, and seeing as I'm going shopping this weekend I am absolutely going to be on the hunt for all these items! Leather-look skater skirts are so cute this autumn/winter, chunky jumpers will keep you warm and cozy and studded boots will add an edge to any outfit. The spike necklace from RockNRose is an investment piece this season, it might be £20 but it will go with anything from casual to party style.
From the outfits I've created, this one is definitely my favourite.

Outdoors


Parka £80 River Island// Jeans £30 River Island// Bag £38 ASOS// Boots £20 boohoo.com// Wool Socks £8 Pringle at Socks Shop// Carmex £2.55 ASOS
Total: £178.55

When I hear the word "outdoors", especially in winter I think of cold weather with snow, a park or a forest or country fields to which I take the dog out and end up having a snow fight with my friends. That's the idea behind this outfit, something cute and casual which will keep you warm and comfortable. You will always have to splurge on a good coat, but the great thing is - it will last you for years! Styles such as a parka will never go out of fashion, I've had mine for 3 years now and I still happily wear it when the cold kicks in. The hiking boots are so comfy to wear and paired with wool socks your feet will be mega warm and cozy! All I need to remind you of is to keep a tube of lip balm in your pocket, when you get into a warm place like a pub or a cottage remember to apply it so your lips don't go chapped! 

First Date


Bag £35 Accessorize// Tights £8.50 Topshop// Dress £75 Topshop Boutique// Shoes £25 boohoo.com// Nail Polish £5 Mirror Ball in Hot Stuff Models Own// Floral Crown £36 RockNRose
Total: £184.50

I ♥ first dates. I always remember first dates, of course I haven't had one in a while because I am happily attending date number I-lost-count with my boyfriend who I've been dating for 1 year and 5 months :) I think it's always best to make an effort, still be yourself but wear something you feel cute and comfortable in. This would be my perfect outfit for a day time date, cinema date or a casual drinks date. I love the colour scheme and the floral elements of this outfit. The tights will keep you warm in those breezy autumn months if you do decide to take a stroll in the park! 

What do you guys think of the five outfits? Which one is your favourite?
If you have entered the competition, leave me your links! I'd love to see what you guys came up with :)


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oooh that casual one is a dreaaam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is my favourite too :) Now excited for payday!

      Lana, xo

      Delete
  2. "I like your versatility and unique blogs. Your writing style is really human friendly and I like to stay on your blog which truly increases my knowledge and information.
    womens alibaba hareem"

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig