5 September 2012

First Step to Autumn.





Floral shirt Primark, trousers and boots Topshop

It's officially time to say "Hello autumn!" on the calendar, and this shirt is my favourite item to take me into the season. Autumn 2012 is filled with florals, but the mood has now changed - from summers pastel colours we get a more serious, romantic, dark side of beautiful autumn patterns and colours. Collars are huge this autumn, and this white contrasting collar really stands out on the maroon print. Shirts like this don't need loud accessories, I paired it with black trousers with a faux leather panel to give the outfit more texture and interest, and black block heels.
I'm looking forward to indulging in more of this autumns trends, when I first saw the dark, serious floral patterns I wasn't sure it was something I'd invest in but seeing how well this shirt looks on and for a great bargain I decided to go for it. I'm also getting inspired by the Gothic elements of this autumn - cross printed leggings, chunky rings, ear cuffs and studded clothing. It's so important to play around with a variety of styles to keep you look fresh, some people will find a style that suits them and stick to it whereas others are ever changing chameleons. Even if you think something may not suit you - try it on! You don't have to buy everything you take to the changing rooms!

What is your favourite style this autumn? Will you be trying anything new?


SHARE:

18 comments

  1. It's fantastic! Another super stylish look ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look and I love how your pictures are getting bigger and better :)

    I find myself unable to stay faithful to just one style too, especially when there's so much out there to try and experience.

    Many hugs,
    Xx

    http://oteea-land.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet :)
      I think experimenting with style is the best, at least you'll have something to laugh at in your 70s!

      Lana, xo

      Delete
  3. I love this shirt, definitely one of my favourite looks for this coming A/W. Would love it if you could check out my blog, www.oneheelforward.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your top is really cute. In the fall and winter, I am all about the leather.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the leather trend, looking forward to getting some more pieces this fall!

      Lana, xo

      Delete
  5. I love the floral trend and the studs, so I'll definitely try those trends out! Love the shirt in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my you look like a little model! The floral print is gorgeous, perfect outfit for autumn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a nice print! might have to purchase one :)!

    www.vanesslucy.blogspot.co.uk . following :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it is a total autumn look! Love the colours of the flowers and all the look is awesome :) you are so lovely !
    Xxxxxxx


    NOELIA ROUGE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful outfit...love it.^^
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig